1. I used to receive scholarships in the past but I failed to send my student certificate to you last academic year. Can I get a scholarship this year? Students, who fail to send their student certificate to our administration for any reason, lose their right to a scholarship for that year. However, they must apply in order to renew their scholarships for the following year.
2. I failed my class this year but I’m still at school; does my scholarship continue? No, it doesn’t continue; students who fail their class lose their scholarships.
3. Who can obtain a scholarship from your society? Successful students in need of social protection can obtain a scholarship.
4. I have graduated from university; I’ve gone on to higher education. Does my scholarship continue? No, it doesn’t. We can’t give scholarships to students taking higher education.
5. Where can I apply for a scholarship? When? You can apply to the Red Crescent Branch nearest to where you live. You must apply within 1 month after schools have opened.
6. My student years are over; however, my sibling is a student. Can I pass my scholarship on to my sibling? No, your sibling must make a separate scholarship application.
7. I have a scholarship; can my brother or sister have one also? No, they can’t; only one student per family may receive a scholarship.
8. Are your scholarships reciprocal? No, our scholarships are not reciprocal.
9. I received a scholarship from you; now I’m working, and I want to give a scholarship to a student too. Where can I apply, and can I meet the student I sponsor? Of course, you can donate a scholarship to any student through our institution and we can introduce you. For this, you must make an earmarked donation to our Society. You can obtain detailed information by calling: +90 312 430 23 00 / ext. 1507 – 1509 - 1504 – 1510.
10. I’m an open university student; can I benefit from your scholarship?No, open university students cannot benefit from our scholarship opportunities. However, since the English department of open university demands attendance for the first two years, these students may benefit from a scholarship.
11. If I send my student certificate by fax, would you process it? Until the original arrives, a fax could be acceptable to speed up the process or if time is limited; however, the original must be sent as soon as possible. Otherwise, faxed applications alone are not valid.
12. I have graduated from high school and just won a place at university; does my scholarship continue? If you have won a place at university after high school without taking a break, your scholarship continues.
13. On average, how many people do you sponsor throughout Turkey?The Red Crescent gives scholarships in proportion to its financial means; however, approximately 20,000 students receive scholarships each year.
14. What funds the aid offered by the Red Crescent? The Red Crescent is a Society, which works for surviving public service through donations.
15. I receive a scholarship from your society but my address has changed; what should I do? If you inform our administration of your change of address in writing, your scholarship will be sent to the Red Crescent branch closest to your new address.
16. Who else can receive my scholarship money for me? Your scholarship money can be taken by your mother or father if they are alive and together according to the civil law; if they have divorced and/or one of the parents is deceased, the parent with your custody and who can prove this with written official proof of a court decree.